Centerline Drivers, a TrueBlue company, has launched a new Veterans apprenticeship program through a partnership with FastPort.
Military Veterans have valuable and transferable skills and are great candidates to become Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) drivers. Through this partnership, Veterans are able to accelerate their CDL application with FastPort. After receiving their CDL license, Centerline will help these Veterans complete the on-the-road training they need to become a certified truck driver.
Centerline is seeking veterans who have recently obtained their Class A Commercial Driver’s License. Through our VA-registered Veteran Apprenticeship Program, you can put your newly obtained skills to work as a Military Apprentice Truck Driver.
What does the program include:
- This is a National Department of Labor Apprenticeship program providing focused and comprehensive industry training
- ‘Earn While Learn” training model where apprentices will receive wages as they complete on-the-road training
- A National Credential certificate at the end of the program awarded by the Department of Labor
What are the requirements?
- Must be a military veteran
- A valid CDL Class A license
- No more than 2 moving violations in the previous 3 years or no more than 1 moving violation and 1 accident in the previous 3 years
- 22 years of age
- Willingness to learn
- A required minimum of two years of active-duty time (within the last five years) for the occupational fields listed here.
- You may also be eligible for your MHA benefits through the Post-9/11 GI Bill while enrolled in our Veteran Apprenticeship Program.
- The amount of benefits you will receive varies by zip code, but the average is $1,500-2,700 a month
- 4,000-hour training program with a dedicated trainer/mentor (24-months)
Centerline is here to support your transition and is ready to hire veterans to be qualified truck drivers.
Interested in applying? Click here to get started