Centerline Drivers is partnering with FastPort to help veterans find meaningful work in their civilian life. Military veterans are great candidates to become CDL drivers with a variety of applicable skills to transition roles. Centerline is seeking veterans who have recently obtained their Class A Commercial Driver’s License. Through our VA-registered Veteran Apprenticeship Program, you can put your newly obtained skills to work as a Military Apprentice Truck Driver.
What does the program include?
- This is a National Department of Labor Apprenticeship program providing focused and comprehensive industry training
- ‘Earn While Learn” training model where apprentices will receive wages as they train to be a driver
- A National Credential certificate at the end of the program awarded by the Department of Labor
What are the requirements?
- Must be a military veteran
- A valid CDL Class A license
- No more than 2 moving violations in the previous 3 years or no more than 1 moving violation and 1 accident in the previous 3 years
- 22 years of age
- Willingness to learn
- A required minimum of two years active-duty time (within the last five years) for the occupational fields listed below.
You may also be eligible for your MHA benefits through the Post-9/11 GI Bill while enrolled in our Veteran Apprenticeship Program.
The amount of benefits you will receive varies by zip code, but the average is $1,500-2,700 a month
H4,000-hour training program with a dedicated trainer/mentor (24-months)
Occupation Field Requirements“>
MOS 88M-Motor Transport Operator M915 10 ton (Refueler) HET (Heavy Equipment Operator) HEMTT (Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Transporter) 92F Petroleum Supply Specialist 12N Horizontal Construction Engineer 14T Patriot Launching Enhanced Operator-Maintainers 91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic
Rate EO- Equipment Operator EO (Equipment Operator with PLS) .
MOS 3531- Motor Vehicle Operator MOS 3533- Logistics Vehicle Systems Operator with MK48, M816 and/or LVSR experience.
AFSC 2T131, 2T151 or 2T171 Vehicle
Operator PLS (Palletized Load System) w/ M1076 or 1077