When you drive for a living, finding a good truck stop is like finding a restaurant that offers both great food and amazing service. You cannot wait to come back again. What U.S.-based truck stops can help inspire this type of feeling in professional drivers? It depends on what you’re looking for.
Multiple locations, numerous amenities
There are a few chain truck stops that have multiple locations with numerous amenities at each one. This can be beneficial if you get comfort from knowing what to expect whether you are stopping for a quick break or want to rest for several hours. Two chains to consider are Pilot Flying J and Love’s Travel Stops.
Pilot Flying J offers more than 750 locations across 44 states. So, no matter where your routes take you, you’re likely to see one of these stops somewhere along the way.
In addition to getting more fuel or picking up some food and drink, many Pilot Flying J stops offer access to CAT-certified scales, ATMs, check cashing services, WiFi (subscriptions start at $19.99 per month), game rooms, public laundry facilities, showers and restrooms. Some locations have truck wash and Western Union services as well. You can also turn off your engine and still enjoy heat, air and standard electric in your cab with this stop’s Idle Air service.
If you’ve ever pulled into a truck stop to park for a while only to find that there isn’t room for your rig, Pilot Flying J helps prevent this by enabling you to reserve a parking spot in advance. You can also download the myRewards Plus app and earn free food, drinks and merchandise. The app also allows you to start the fueling process without leaving your cab.
There are 590 Love’s Travel Stops spanning 41 U.S. states. Each location provides drivers access to fuel, food and drinks, electronics, WiFi (basic is free for rewards members with premium internet available at a cost) and a variety of travel items.
This truck stop chain also has an app you can use to find the nearest location, reserve a shower and save money on many of its products and services. The Love’s Connect App also enables you to activate the fuel pump from your cab.
Each Love’s location has technicians on hand for servicing your truck. They can provide a variety of preventative maintenance services, some of which include changing the oil, changing oil and fuel filters, testing the nitrite level in the truck’s coolant and inspecting the brakes.
Unique truck stops across the U.S.
In addition to Pilot Flying J and Love’s Travel Stops, there are a few other truck stops in America that have earned a spot on the most sought-after or most popular places to visit when looking for a truck stop due to their individuality, uniqueness, and available services. Among them are:
- Iowa 80 Truckstop (Walcott, Iowa): offers fuel, 900 parking spots, food and restaurants, laundry, private shower facilities, CAT scales, truck wash and maintenance, a den to socialize with other drivers, library, movie theater, barber shop, pet wash, workout room, dental office and chiropractic services
- Bert’s Truck Plaza (Wellsville, Kansas): offers fuel, a large parking area, truck washes, a driver’s lounge, private showers, laundry machines, convenience store items, clean restrooms and fresh-cooked food
- Jubitz Travel Center (Portland, Oregon): offers fuel, a convenience store, 24-hour access to scales, the ability to reserve a parking spot, WiFi, truck wash, driver’s lounge, movie theater, private showers, laundromat, dog wash, jacuzzi, barber shop, postal service and drug testing (both DOT and non-DOT)
- Little America Travel Center (Flagstaff, Arizona): offers fuel, hotel accommodations, driver’s lounge, scales, access to shipping companies (UPS, USPS, and Federal Express), food, groceries, fax services, ATM, laundry, truck tools, truck maintenance and private showers with an oversized tub
- Dysart’s Restaurant & Truck Stop (Bangor, Maine): offers fuel, food, groceries, showers, postal services, truck maintenance and repairs, a dog park and clean restrooms
- Boise Stage Stop (Boise, Idaho): offers fuel, large shower rooms (with separate shower and tub), theater room, arcade, free satellite TV, laundry machines, and a convenience store with food, medicines, electronics, gifts and more
- Big Apple Travel Center (Joplin, Missouri): offers fuel, authentic Indian cuisine, other food and drink options, showers, charging stations and WiFi
If your route goes through any of these cities or towns, you might want to try one of these truck stops out!
About the AuthorVisit Website More Content by Christina DeBusk