Local Tanker Driver – Military Apprentice Myerstown PA
- Industry: Transportation
- Job Type: Local
- Pay Rate: $21.00 /hr
- Work Hours: Day Shift, Full Time, Night Shift
- Location: Myerstown, PA
- Job Perks: Benefits, Flexible Schedule, Home Daily
Are you looking for your next mission? Centerline is seeking veterans that have recently obtained their Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
Through our Veteran Apprenticeship Program, you can put your newly obtained skills to work as a Military Apprentice Truck Driver dedicated to our customer, Standard Logistics.
As a driver apprentice, through on-the-job training, you’ll learn the core competencies necessary to launch your career as a professional Class A truck driver while earning a full-time salary and premium benefits. You may also be eligible for your MHA benefits through the Post-9/11 GI Bill while enrolled in our Veteran Apprenticeship Program.
Call Magen at 706-955-4376 for more information!
What you’ll do:
- Haul limestone or asphalt
- Effectively communicate with customers and the team
- Keep equipment clean and presentable
- Verify paperwork for completeness and accuracy
- Complete pre-and post-trip inspections
Qualifications & Experience
What you’ll need:
- A valid Class A license
- No more than 2 moving violations in the previous 3 years or no more than 1 moving violation and 1 accident in the previous 3 years
- 22 years of age
- Willingness to learn
- A required minimum of two years active-duty time (within the last five years) for the occupational fields listed below:
- MOS 3531- Motor Vehicle Operator
- MOS 3533- Logistics Vehicle Systems
- Operator with MK48, M816 and/or LVSR experience.
- MOS 88M-Motor Transport
- Operator M915
- 10 ton (Refueler)
- HET (Heavy Equipment Operator)
- HEMTT (Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Transporter)
- 92F Petroleum Supply Specialist
- 12N Horizontal Construction Engineer
- 14T Patriot Launching Enhanced Operator-Maintainers
- 91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic
- AFSC 2T131, 2T151 or 2T171 Vehicle
- Operator PLS (Palletized Load System) w/ M1076 or 1077
- Rate EO- Equipment Operator
- EO (Equipment Operator with PLS)
What you’ll get:
- Starting rate of $21.00/hour
- 4,000-hour training program with a dedicated trainer/mentor (24-months)
- Paid every Friday
- Home every weekend
- Late-model equipment with comprehensive maintenance plans
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, flexible spending account
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all drivers will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.